Tamworth Region Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Tamworth Region?
Tamworth Region Tourism
Tamworth Region is one of the most popular tourist destinations in New South Wales, Australia due to its alluring landscapes, picturesque surroundings, and unique cultural attractions. This beautiful region has lots of things to offer visitors including fascinating museums, lively festivals, stunning national parks, and scenic drives. In this article, we'll take a look at some of the most amazing tourist attractions you can visit in and around Tamworth Region in New South Wales, Australia.
Overall, tourist attractions in and around Tamworth Region can be classified into three main categories: natural attractions, cultural attractions, and historical attractions. Each of these categories has numerous exciting tourist sites that are definitely worth visiting. Here are some of them:
1. Oxley Wild Rivers National Park: A vast and stunning national park located about 80 km east of Tamworth. It is home to amazing rivers, scenic waterfalls, and deep gorges that provide visitors with a unique scenic experience. Some popular activities to enjoy in this park include bushwalking, hiking, fishing, and camping.
2. Warrabah National Park: Another amazing park in the region, Warrabah is one of the best places to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. This park is renowned for its picturesque views, tranquil waterholes, and impressive mountain peaks. Visitors can also enjoy bird watching, hiking, and camping in this park.
3. Dungowan Dam: Just 25km south of Tamworth is the scenic Dungowan Dam, which is a perfect spot for a family picnic. The dam is surrounded by bushland, providing a peaceful and relaxing place to unwind.
1. The Big Golden Guitar: A popular landmark in Tamworth, often referred to as the "Country Music Capital." The Big Golden Guitar is a 12-meter-high guitar-shaped monument that pays tribute to the country music industry in the region. The monument provides an excellent photo opportunity for visitors.
2. Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum: This museum showcases a vast collection of vintage and rare motorcycles, as well as carriages and bicycles. It's a must-visit for motorcycle enthusiasts.
3. Australian Country Music Hall of Fame: This museum celebrates the Australian country music industry, and the country music legends who got their start in Tamworth. It houses a vast collection of memorabilia, including personal items and instruments of famous country music stars.
1. Tamworth Marsupial Park and Adventure Playground: This family-friendly park is home to a wide variety of native Australian animals, including kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, and emus. It's a perfect place for kids to learn and have fun while seeing Australia's unique wildlife up close.
2. Peel River Waterworks Museum: Located in Tamworth's historic railway precinct, this museum tells the story of the town's water supply system dating back to the 1880s.
3. Goonoo Goonoo Station Historic Precinct: A must-visit for history enthusiasts, Goonoo Goonoo Station is a restored 19th-century sheep station. The precinct features a range of interesting buildings, including the historic woolshed, shearer's quarters, and homestead.
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park: (02) 6739 0700
- Warrabah National Park: (02) 6760 7000
- Dungowan Dam: (02) 6760 3220
- The Big Golden Guitar: (02) 6766 2666
- Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum: (02) 6762 0199
- Australian Country Music Hall of Fame: (02) 6767 5300
- Tamworth Marsupial Park and Adventure Playground: (02) 6767 5886
- Peel River Waterworks Museum: (02) 6767 5249
- Goonoo Goonoo Station Historic Precinct: (02) 6766 7260
Tamworth Region has plenty of tourist attractions that will provide visitors with a memorable experience. From stunning national parks to fascinating museums, there is something for everyone in this beautiful region. Whether you're a fan of history, culture, or nature, Tamworth Region has got something to satisfy your travel cravings.
Tamworth Region Tourism Articles